Woodbury Park Cemetery

Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Woodbury Park Cemetery was built to replace the first town cemetery at Holy Trinity, itself only opened in 1829, but already full by the time of the first burial at Woodbury Park on 12 October 1849. The last burial to actually take place was on 11 October 1934, but there were considerably less burials after the opening of the large Tunbridge Wells Borough Cemetery at Hawkenbury to the south of the town in 1873. In total there are 6153 recorded burials and an index is available in the local reference library. Today it is a quiet refuge in a heavily built-up part of the town, and a large number of the headstones and memorials survive in good condition. A local group The Friends of Woodbury Park Cemetery has recently been formed.

TW1 TW2 TW3

Those known to have been buried here:

Edward Alexander Reffell, age: 8m, burial date: 19/12/1885

John Alfred Reffell, age: 3, burial date: 7/1/1890

Frederick Gordon Reffell, age: 15m, burial date: 16/5/1891